Dinner with a graduated student and a trip in the fire dinghy

One day when I was in the park, I met a student from my school and her friend Mary.  We got talking.  The student asked for my wechat, but we don't give that out to current students.  However her friend had graduated so I swapped WeChat with her.  The next day I met Mary in the park and she brought me a Chinese book about one of the dynasties and ran off!  The next day we met again and we shared some milk tea and fod at my favourite little diner " Happy Beginnings" and went for a walk. 
One of my students and her graduated friend Mary by the river, fire brigade boat in the background.
We went to a part of the river I had not yet explored.  We walked and talked a bit and then I saw a few more of my friends and said hello to them.  It seemed that everyone I knew was there.  We were talking about why I was in China and how it was an adventure for me when, we saw the fire brigade doing an exercise.  We watched a while and as they brought the boat in Mary asked if I would like and adventure with firefighters.  I told her they probably would not allow me, but she went over and asked, and sure enough a little adventure followed!
They popped me in a life jacket and took me for a ride in their rib.  I never expected that.  After the ride we had a few photos taken, and I swapped WeChat with one of the firefighters.  He invited me to the fire station.  At the time of writing I have not yet had the chance to take him up on this, but hope to be able to in the near future; we have been in contact several ltimes since!  Once out of the rib the evening began to fall and the mosquitos began to bite.  We headed of into and through town and into the park where I had my photo taken with a rabbit-like thing!

 I did a bit of dancing and singing and headed home.  Another adventure done and the promise of a visit to the fire station!  Excellent!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!