The weekend trip to Tongren/Guiyang - part 1

By Wednesday, I had had enough of Juangkou, so I arranged to go to Tongren, and a friend Angela, a girl I had met with Wendy in Guiyang when I first arrived in China, had offered to take me out for a meal and some KTV (karaoke.)   I expected to go on Friday for Saturday night, but got a call on Wednesday night from Wendy.  Wendy is the woman who took me from Guiyang to Tongren when I first arrived in China.  Via a friend, she had heard that times were tough for me and invited me to chill out at her place, watch some TV and films, then sleep on the sofa overnight.  I jumped at the chance, as the school was closed Thursday and Friday.  So next morning I set off for Tongren.  I net her and her boyfriend in Tighten, and we headed back to her place.  She lived at home with her mother, brother and brother's girlfriend. 

 A view of the inside of the appartment.  My freinds tell me that this si quite expensively furnished.


 A view from the livingroom window.  The appartemnt is on the 28th floor, which in England would probably be the 27th floor, because chinese floor numberings have no ground floor.  The floor you enter on is actually the first floor.  Anyway, it was high up and gave a good view of the town!


Wendy and her boyfriend. (Sorry, I dont know his Chinese name.  It sounded like Anthony, so  I called him 'Tony')
Me and Wendy.  The picture in the background is an embroidery.  The room had several of these embroiberies, all embroidered by her mum.

However, it appeared that they were not there.  We had a dinner if roast duck, quite common here, and I watched TV.  I also fell asleep a bit, as did her boyfriend.  When I awoke, the atmosphere was a little tense between Wendy and her boyfriend.  He went off to cook in the kitchen, and I asked her if everything was OK.  She said That everything was fine, but that she thought the sofa was too small for me and I would be better off in a hotel.  I read between the lines and after a nice dinner at hers that both her and her boyfriend cooked, she and her boyfriend accompanied me to a nearby hotel, sorted out the booking and left.

The hotel.  My home for a few days.
 I popped up to my hotel room.  It was there that I got a message from Meng.  Meng is the younger sister of my friend in Beijing; I had met her previously when she came to England with her older sister, and I also met her when she visited mein Jiangkou and we climbed Fanjingshan mountain.  I arranged to meet her on Friday.  Then I went to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!