Street meeting ...soft moment

Well after my big meals, I needed a walk so I went round the block, hoping to have a soft moment and that's just what happened.  I was walking though one of the busier streetsthe one in which I had earlier been street teaching.  I a cute toddler and laughed.  Mum smiled at me, and instead of smiling back I went over and talked to her and her husband.  Immedeiately he said in English, "She is my grandma!"  Cheeky guy! anyway wel talked and he sat down with me at a little table with tiny plastic stools.
in the little white box where some strips of barbequed meat.  He offered them to me and we got talking in a mix of English, Chinese and Chinglish.  He was called Bill.  After a short conversation another guy arrived with his son.  I was in for a surprise!  His son who was just thirteen years old and spoke almost perfect English.  It was his dream to meet a foreigner, and he'd met one!  We chatted a while and I was so impressed that I really wanted to offer him something English.  The only thing I had was my last ten pound note.  I gave it to him he was so pleased.  We decided that after his exams we could meet again.  His dad agreed.

 
There is a longer version of teh conversation with this boy, Jerry, but it wouldnt fit in this blog.  This should be a link to it:
The video whould open in a nnew window so you may have to close it after viewing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Front LIne Nursing - How the epidemic is perceived in China by nursing staff

The strange warming table....an electric tea table

School visits