I lost my badge in a students noodles.

Sometimes, I have my evening meal in school.  Today was one of those days.  Usually I go to the students canteen because the range of food is often better.  The students love it!  Everyone says "Hello!".  Today was one of those days, so I bought some food and sat down.  After endless greetings, I finally sat down to eat.
Shortly afterwards two girls came to sit near to me.  As we waited for their instant noodles to cook, I got chatting. I then remembered that I had a badge with some Chinese writing on.  It was stylised writing and I could not translate it.  I asked one of the girls if she could translate it for me and she offered to try.  As I handed her the badge she brought it closer to her face as the writing us very small.  Suddenly she dropped it in her instant noodles.  She looked so embarrassed.  I laughed and told her not to worry but she fished around in her noodles until she found it.  I cleaned it up and she wrote out what she saw.  团徽.  She said it was a mission emblem.  I am not sure that is correct, but she tried.
The badge shortly after being recovered from the noodles! (she said that she didn't want to be photographed and I respect her wish).  I thanked her, but noticed that the tissue we had used to clean the badge was now in her noodles!  I asked her why she wasn't eating her noodles, and she said they were dirty.  Knowing what I do of people in Jiangkou, I knew she wasn't being fussy.  Paper handkerchiefs are seen as dirty, and if having been used to blow one's nose, they are seen as double dirty.  I told her I'd buy her some new noodles.  She looked embarrassed, and declined,  but when I offeeds her 5 yuan she reluctantly accepted.  A good deal....actually I'm not sure what noodles cost!  She again said she was very sorry, but I told her not to worry and that I found it a bit funny and that I would blog about it later.  She seemed OK with that but asked not to be photographed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!