A bad banking day....again!

Well, you think it would be simple, right?, changing the phone number to which my bank account was linked.  It wasn't/isn't.  It was also complicated by the fact that the ATM told me that my account needed further verification.  Which means more verification than a passport because I'd opened the account with my passport.  They couldn't do that in Jiangkou, I had to go to Tongren, forty-five minutes away.  I produced every document I had, and they photographed everything at least twice and me too.  Two and a half hours later, and a big angry queue behind me, I was told it was done.  I believed them.  I was wrong to believe them.  Despite all the photographs and all the documents, I discovered, too late, that my account is still not verified and my name is incorrect.  Nobody knows what to do.
However, long story short, the I went to Tongren, I also went to another Bank and opened an account there just in case.  That took an hour and a half! But it turns out that that was time well spent.  I finally linked this account to my phone.  However I can't yet get any money on the card!  So I cant pay for anything with my phone.  But I am one step closer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Front LIne Nursing - How the epidemic is perceived in China by nursing staff

School visits

Drips for trees, the 'live meat' market, sheep noodles, new heating friends, the roundabout that isn't and the Star Trek car.