Front LIne Nursing - How the epidemic is perceived in China by nursing staff

As you most probably know, I was in Hospital in Jiangkou just before Christmas for my appendix operation.  I kept in touch with some of the medical staff and was invited back for a photoshoot.  Since then they have kept me informed of what is happening in regards to the virus.  Many nurses from Jiangkou went to 'serve' in Wuhan.
 perceived
Jiangkou Nurses on their way to 'serve' in Wuhan
I include one moving story here of a newly qualified nurse from Jiangkou hospital who went to 'serve' in Wuhan.  This is the diary of Liu Yunyun translated courtesy of Google translate.If the story does not touch your heart, you need to reassess things.

Liyunyun in Wuhan


Today is February 7th. It has been three days since Liu Yunyun, the "most beautiful retrograde angel" of our hospital, set out to support Wuhan. Liu Yunyun is working hard on the front line of the epidemic. We are also working hard to protect the life and health of the people in our hometown.  Today, Liu Yunyun wrote in her war epidemic diary.

"I didn't tell my parents that I'm here in Wuhan. I want to wait for the epidemic to stabilize. Then I will say," Their daughter also contributed to Wuhan! "


 (The first day of February 4th)

 At 16:00 in the afternoon, I sat on a plane to Wuhan and set off for Wuhan as the first medical team of Guizhou Province.  The plane passed through the sky, and the scenery outside the window continuously disappeared backwards like a lens, as if it was a bit unreal.  From receiving a notice of supporting Wuhan in the early morning, to packing up my luggage in a hurry, to simply saying goodbye to my fiance Wang Can, all this happened so quickly that I was caught off guard.  The atmosphere on the plane was a little dignified, and there seemed to be a trace of sadness in the air, but at the same time, you can feel that everyone's eyes are firm and firm, and the unit has prepared protective supplies for us.  We brought it.
 Arrive at Tianhe International Airport at 8 pm and check in at Ramada Wuhan at 10 pm. There is no one on the road from the airport to the hotel. It is less than one kilometer from the South China Seafood Market and the hotel has no electricity.  I didn't have time to tell my parents who were far away in Zunyi, Guizhou.  I thought they would object. I didn't expect to receive a text message from my dad at 12 in the morning. After reading the admonition, I burst into tears and turned to my phone. It turned out that they didn't object.  I'm so proud that the burden on my heart is off.
 At 1 am, I fell asleep after simply eating a bowl of instant noodles.
Dad's instructions

 "I'm confident that we will go through the difficulties with Wuhan"




(February 5th day)

      At 6 am, I received the first order telling us that Hainan, Inner Mongolia, Yunnan, and Guizhou Nursing Medical Teams took over the Jianghan Fangfang Hospital at the International Convention and Exhibition Center. From the mobilization meeting to the training meeting, the whole day was enriched. The training included the new crown  Viral infection pneumonia diagnosis and treatment plan (trial version 5), hospital knowledge training, etc.   
After the training at 6 pm, my comrades and I went back to the hotel to repeatedly practice putting on and taking off protective clothing. I really hope that the disaster will end soon.


"I fight in the front line of Wuhan.  You guard the people in your hometown.
 
 (February 6, the third day)

 In the early morning, we entered a fast-paced training. After a substantial training in the hospital, we began to prepare protective equipment.

 At 17:30 in the evening, we put on protective equipment and entered the Jianghan Fangfang Hospital. The number of patients was greater than expected, and our pressure followed. The captain explained which channel went in, which channel went out, the garbage channel, the patient channel, and each shift.  And various specific rules.  The confirmed patients were successively taken to us by bus, and they looked at more than 1,000 beds in the stadium.
I took over 20 beds, repeatedly issued medicines and measured their temperature. Because I was wearing thick protective clothing and adult diapers, I felt that my hair was dragged by something, and my nose was pinched by something very heavy.  I am cumbersome and uncomfortable. The headache caused by hypoxia makes me unable to concentrate. Sitting down and rest will only amplify this discomfort. I try to move myself, divert my attention, and constantly adapt to hypoxia.  The shortage of protective clothing, in order to avoid waste of resources, 9 hours have passed, and everyone has not dripped. I think the medical staff here also persisted from this year to the present under such circumstances, and I can continue to suffer even after being tired.  .



We returned to the hotel at three in the morning. It is estimated that this is the first time that we cannot adapt to wearing such thick protective clothing to perform such high-intensity work.  The sky was getting brighter by the window, and we seemed to see the dawn. Yes, when I told myself that the more dangerous I was, the more I rushed to the front.

 In a battle without smoke   Numerous medical staff stand at the forefront.
Dedication and Perseverance   Use their lives to guard more lives
Let's pay tribute to countless medical staff like Liu Yunyun
    Come on, Liu Yunyun!























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!