Zhongshan - Day 3

This should be my day off...Let's see what happens!
As usual, I started with a big breakfast.  Today they had bacon!  I stayed a little longer than usual!  I then went to me room.  Suddenly a message from Mailing with a location. "Suggest you visit here.". Julie confirmed it.  So off I went on an electric bike! I got there fairly quickly and wandered in.  Zhongshan Botanical Gardens.  Fairly new by the look of it, but a lot of potential.  Basically a huge park with reservoir and lakes situated right next to a busy roundabout intersection.  Inside, the  signs were in English too!  What a nice place to visit!..and free!  I wandered around taking photos.  
A small lake with the city in the background

The Chinese are very fire aware.  Here is the park fire station and Forest Firefighters mascot and badge.


I wandered a round for an hour or so and then decided to head back.  Electric bike!  I zipped into town and headed to the poor part.  I'm at my happiest there!  I wanders a little then went to a mini  restaurant.  I'd spoken the the owner yesterday, but not eaten there.  This is it, about 3mtrs wide.
I looked at the food pictures and pointed at what I wanted.  Whilst I was waiting I got a few bowl of soup, and moreover, 

  when my my food arrived, it actually looked like it's picture on the wall!  See what I mean!
After eating that I asked for a photo of me and the owner.
She seemed a little bemused, but who could blame her!  After that I walked through the poor part, back to the rich part and scanned an electric to go home.  O got back about half past two, but not after stopping at the local shop for some root beer. I then Blogged, had a bath and went to sleep for a few hours.  Is also found a key card in my room, probably left by the cleaner.  I played with it but sadly it does not seem to be NFC enabled, so I'll give it back!
I woke up and decided to get some food.  I bought some root beer and went to the Friedrice place that Julie had pointed out.  Egg fried rice.  Not the best I'd tasted and not the cheapest but it was on.  I paid and walked off.  
Next door was a barber...why not, my hair needs cutting!  20 yuan,  not bad price and not a bad job, all done with the help of the lady from the micro restaurant next door.  Her English was pretty good.  She said she had had a good teacher!  I felt comfortable here so wandered off to the local square.  It was round!  I danced a bit, took a video and chatted with a few people.  I'm still not easily able to post videos so the video can be seen via the following link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sBhM5k556RMbDhkMA

  Here's one old guy...says he's eighty, and looking good for it!
I said goodbye and wandered home taking a few photos on the way.
Taht was today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!