Seven comes back from University and British museum drinks.

Seven is an ex-year 3 pupil who is spending her first year away from home at University.  If you recall from an earlier post, she called herself seven because part of her Chinese name uses the character seven.  We arranged to meet in the local park and go on from there.  We met.  She was with her brother who I had nicked 6!  He has now adopted the name!  
We caught up on missed times on the way to a hotpot shop.  The meal was really nice.  Lots of good looking tasty beef and not so much none meat bits!
After this we went shopping and while 6 and 7 headed to their sister's house.  I headed home.  It will probably be a lazy day from here on!
British museum Drink
When I was shopping I noticed this drink again.  Just an ordinary drink that is sold just about everywhere in China.
Well that is what I thought until I looked closely...
Now how do I explain that?  How on earth does that become a popular drink in China?  With a 'secret' QR code under the lid that takes you to the British Museum (China) shop and in theory gives you the chance of winning a prize.
The rest of the day was cold.  Three pairs of trousers at home because I just can't heat the place up!  I feel like Michelin man and I have to confess that I don't like it.  People said that it is not really cold here but it feels like it is.  They are right.  Someone else said that they thought that winter here was miserable because everywhere is cold.  They too were right.  No central heating allowed because we are way below the 'central heating allowed line', and despite two heaters and my air conditioner on warm it's like trying to warm up the freezer with a match!  Oh and after seven months my bosses now tell me I have been using too much electricity!  Catch 22!  I need to come up with a plan!...just not sure what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!