Drips for trees, the 'live meat' market, sheep noodles, new heating friends, the roundabout that isn't and the Star Trek car.

Drips for trees
As I've mentioned before, whenever anyone is I'll inJiangkou, they get put on a drip.  Even if it's only a cold.  When I was in hospital, I was on a drip almost continually.  Today, I again noticed that even the trees were on drips!  Maybe they have got a cold!
The 'live meat' market
The 'live meat' market has to be seen to be believed.   At the far end are the water based animals.  Next is the birds.  Last is the meat.  At the far end the water based animals are alive, as are the birds.  At the meat end, the animals are dead or being killed and cooked.  The cooking consists of using a blue torch to char the meat.  Today there were pigs heads and trotters, various birds and one guy blue torching the remaining flesh from what I guess was a cow pelt.
Another guy was charring a pigs head with a blowtorch.  Nobody seemed to mind me watching or filming, so I took a few videos.
The videos are hosted offsite.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPratK6nm6ijgClAcVuw

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPratMsBFGseYy6Jcgtw

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPratLRpQS-b9AyE4WJw

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPratNuD06JXh5KLpbTQ

Sheep noodles
Today I went to the far side of town to price heating boxes.  They were far too expensive there.  But I did stop to eat lunch.  Noodles with sheep meat, possibly goat meat as the word is the same in Chinese and the picture on the shop name board could have been either.
They had spotted me earlier and I thought that it would be fun to visit.  I popped in and ordered in Chinese.  They were surprised.  So was I!  They understood me!
The noodles were good and the meat actually looked like meat!  They all then watched to see if I could use chopsticks.  I could.  As I was eating they were talking about me in dialect.  I didn't understand much, but picked up the odd word.  At the end of my meal I asked for a group photo.  Here it is!
New heating friends


The roundabout that isn't
Well, it's nearly Chinese New Year so what better place to build a New Year display than in the centre if Jiangkou's main road junction!  Effectively, it is a roundabout, but actually it isn't.  Most drivers are treating it as an obstacle some drivers are treating it as a roundabout and everyone is choosing their own way to navigate it!  I stood and watched for ten minutes.  It was chaos, everyone was driving slowly, but it was still chaos.
This video, which is too big for the blog, will give you a bit if an idea of what it is like:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPratjaXF9bVdfl9B3vw

The Star Trek car.
It's not just me is it?  But this card logo looks awfully like the Star Trek logo!  When I search 'Star Trek logo Chinese car', it tells me that Tiger Truck, a sub-brand of Chang'an  uses the star trek logo.  But this logo looks different to that.  China!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!