Back to the hospital for a photoshoot, and a surprise dinner!

When I left the hospital after my operation, I swapped WeChat with a few of the nurses.  About a week ago I was invited back for the New Year photo.  
Various nurses, and one of the doctors who operated on me.

At first I had no idea who was or wasn't my nurse or doctor, but there was a full shift there.  I managed to work it out though! It appears that there was an official photographer wandering the hospital taking official photos.  However he/she/they were running late, so in the meantime, various nurses and doctors took photos of me with various members of staff.  The first photo is one of the senior nurses.  Later, at the meal, she sat at the bosses table.

Two of the nurses who had cared for me.  The nurse on the left was the surgical nurse from the day of the operation: Jang Jie.  She had worked with foreigners before in another city, but I was her first British patient!
 I even managed to get a photograph with one of the doctors who had operated on me!  I had brought my appendix, which I have been storing in the fridge since the operation, with me!

Chatting was not easy because I was back in Jiangkou, but I am making some progress with my understanding!  All too often we take the easy route and use a translation app!  The official photos came next.  First there was a video of us all wishing a new year, then the photo with me and both of the doctors who operated on me at the head of the table.  Dr. Wang Yin on the left in the photo, and Dr. Wu on the right. I felt quite honoured!
And after all thid one of the nurses invited me to the Department  New Year dinner.  How wonderful!  So after a while we left the hospital.  I was with the head doctor and one of the doctors who operated on me!  A very smart Mercedes, driven by a very pretty woman,  the wife of doctor Wang, pulled up and I was given the front seat!  
The doctors sat in the back and we headed off to 'Tujia Country' the nickname I've given to the area where many of the Tujia minority have a village and restaurants etc.  This was the restaurant we went to.
The bottom picture is a panorama of the restaurant with a blurred picture if one of my operating doctors on the left and the head doctor on the right.  I t was a really good meal, and I was well taken care of, including a seat on the management table! The atmosphere was really friendly, the drinks flowed and both bosses and staff mixed well together.
A group photo with most of the doctors and nurses.  The director of nursing sitting at the table right of centre wearing glasses.
In order top to bottom: The bosses table, the nurses table and the family table.
And after that,  I was driven home in the Mercedes.  Not quite the afternoon I was expecting, but good enough for me!
There are many more photographs of the day, all contained here in an online album:
https://1drv.ms/a/s!AnTXs8bPCbfPraoggyqmkCG_bnQmMA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!