A surprise evening over the road.

At the moment I am going stare crazy, however I decided to do dsomething about it!  Over the road from me is the undertakers.  Everynight for the last few nights there has been music and singing.  I use the term music and singing lightly, you'll see why later!  Anyway, I picked up some chestnuts, dressed for cold weather and headed down.  I was invited to sit down straight away, hospitality rather than respect for my age!  Haha!  And I was given oranges and sunflower seeds.  You'll notice no one is wearing a surgical mask.  Most people feel safe here, from the virus, especially the old ones.  It is the younger ones who tend to wear masks, although parents often give them to their young kids.  To be honest they are not very practical socailly!  It's not easy to talk to others and, for me,  my glasses steam up!
the guys over the road from my apartment. Two sets of cymbols and one gong complete with sugar cane drumstick!
the kids came for a look too!
The guys played some music and invited me to take over the cymbols. 
The girls showed off with a bit of dancing and I met a teacher who majored in English and was very keen to practise spoken English.
 We spoke a little while and I was then invited back to one of the littel grils's houses and then to my new english major's friend's house.  At his house his mum fed me continually.  Oranges, Apples, spicy small fish, prawns conr sweets, sunflower seeds and peanuts...we'll see how that plays out in the morning!  There was a whiteboard in the living room and the little girls taught me some chinese characters (letters).  Eventuallly I left.  I then went to say bye bye to the guys round the fire, but they insited that I stay a while whilst they sang a few songs.It sounded like a few of the verses were about me, but all in good humour!  More quality music and songs! #chuckle. I have since learned that this year's new song was all about the virus.  Played to the same tune as every other song they sang.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!