Boxing day and the parcel saga

After he excitement of Christmas day, I was looking forward to a quiet Boxing day, and that is what I got.  Firstly I went out and posted a book to Angela.  I had promised it to her several days ago and now I reckoned I would send it.  The post office staff were as bemused as ever.  I don't think they usually deal with parcels!  I also met the kind boss from there who had helped me so much earlier on when I tried to post stuff back to England.  For the rest of the day, I did very little, apart from tryong to catch up on my blog.  I got a call from Sherrie at a bout 4pm saying she was going to pick up my parcels and come over.  Then started he parcel saga.  To cut a long story short, there were three or four parcels for me and maybe they were all at the same courier office.  it took about an hour to sort things out, but Sherrie managed.  There was a knock on my door.  It was Sherrie with my parcels.  Three mall ones I had ordered, and a huge one, half the size of Sherrie that my friend had sent me!
Sherrie is so king to have brought them.  I invited her in and we sat down.  We chatted and caught up with things since yesterday!  She then set about ordering food.  This time I was paying!  The easiest way to do this was to tell her what I wanted and to give her my phone.  Order sorted.  Half an hour later I got a phonecall which she answered for me.  The food delivery could not find my address.  Sherrie sorted it and also changed my delivery address to a more simple one so as not to confuse the couriers.  Then she was off!
Time to open the box from my friend!  Wow!  Tea and rice cakes...mountains of both!
A carrier bag full of rice cakes...now half empty!

My box of teas!
 I then oepned the other things I had ordered and had a play with them.  Then an early night!
My box of teas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

The longest strangest day ever!

Two trips to the hospital