A short stop at the undertakers and a evening with Susan and friends.

Having got home after the meeting and meal, I decided to do a bit of blogging.  It is becoming increasingly random as to whether, even with a VPN, I can upload videos and pictures to Blogger.  As such the most simple tasks are taking forever.  Anyhow, after an hour I started to fall asleep!  So I went for my afternoon nap.  This is a very Chinese thing, but I reckon it's becoming an old age thing for me too, however it's not just old age, even my colleague Sherika who is only twenty-six years old, is constantly complaining about how tired she is!
After my nap I got up and did a bit more blogging but started to get increasingly fed up of failed upload and slow uploads.  Decision time:  stay in ans watch telly or go out?  Well,I could stay in bed late tomorrow, so it ws time to go out and see what was there.  It was raining very lightly as I left the house and past the undertakers shop.  They spotted me and invited me in.  I told them I was off to teh park and they asked if I would be dancing.  I didn't expect so as it was wet and people don't dance in the wet.  They invited me in for tea.  I had to accept!  As I went to sit down I noticed a Mahjong game in the back of the shop.  They noticed me and shouted strange comment from the back of the shop.  They had been drinking.  I had no idea what they were shouting, but I picked up the occasional word, usually "foreigner."  It was all good humour as they used silly voices and laughed!  I imitated their calls and they laughed again.
The Mahjong game in the back of the shop.
After a while Fu, the husband came around and started talking to me.  He was very drunk, really pleasant, but very drunk.  He talked nonsense to me and I replied with nonsense.  We had a good laugh but either understood the other! 
The people at the table.  Fu on the right.  The younger woman at the back had a cold.  She also had her feet in a canvas covered bucket which was filled with warm water, and maybe some other herbs.

Fu's wife...she said her husband drank too much.  He then fell asleep at the table!
I drank tea and chatted as best as I could.  Under the table was a bucket of charcoal; nice and warm.  I talked about needing to get a heater for my flat but would be unable to receive it as I was out in the daytime.  Between us we decided to have it delivered to their shop and I could pick it up from there.  Before Fu fell asleep face down on the table he actually managed to type his shop's address and give his consent to the delivery.  Eventually I left for the park. It, unsurprisingly, empty, but there was music from the covered corner, so I wandered over there.  It was the ballroom dancing corner.  There were maybe twenty people there dancing in pairs.  All of a sudden there was a power cut.  The lights went out, the music stopped and everyone went home.  Time for a decision.  I decided to go to the supermarket, buy some snacks and go back and share the remainder of the evening with the undertaker's 'crew'.  I bough a big supply of peanuts, sunflower seeds and small oranges.  Whilst shopping I met quite a few of my students.  This weekend there was no school...a rare occurrence!
As I was leaving the shop I noticed a few of Susan's friends.  We chatted and took a few photos.

All of a sudden they had had Susan on the video phone.  There she was in her flat in amazingly thick pyjamas!  We chatted, they chatted and I was invited to her house with them.   So off we trotted.  When we arrived we discovered that the lift for some reason did not stop on her floor.  They had no idea what to do!  I suggested we get off at floor fourteen and walk up.  They seemed t think I was a genius!  Strange!  Anyway we got there.  When we arrived Susan gave us shoe covers.  Of course mine did not fit, so she gave me a pair of her husband's .....they were about about a size eight and I was a ten, but I managed.
Susan in her pyjamas and friend
Susan's friends

All of us together minus Susan the photographer!

Yes we managed to fill a whole bowl full of orange skin, peanut, walnut and sunflower seeds.
My legs under the strange warming table.
We all talked abit at first and invited a few friends via video chat to join us.  And we ate snacks.  At about half pat eleven I started to fall asleep, and it was time to go home.  A nice evening and a good day.
The amazing heated table will be discussed in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!