The most over-engineered bin ever and the jet plane moth.

The over-engineered bins.
On my way to work I pass some.nice new steel bins, quite unusual for Jiangkou.  The bins here are usually old paint tins, or mobile ones that look like two-wheelers wheelbarrows.
Very smart, I'm sure you'll agree, especially if you knew what the rest of Jiangkiu looks like!  However I was intrigued by the black platform on which they stand.  Nearby there is what I thought was a bus shelter.  It isn't.  It is a covered poster describing the complex under-street bin mechanism.
Basically, buried beneath each little bin is a large wheelie Ninon a hydraulic platform.  The little bins have hinged bottoms, and as the weight of rubbish in the bins increases, they swing and empty their contents  into the wheelie bin below, and then, minus their rubbish they swing up again.  (There is also a pedal to empty the small bin contents into the wheelie bins).  When the wheelie bins are full, the hydraulic platform can be raised, the wheelie bins pop up out of the ground and can be emptied, put back in place and lowered into the ground again.  Whilst this prevents one seeing 'unsightly wheelie bins', it dies seem ike a rather over-engineered solution!
The jet plane moth.
I was heading up the stairs to my apartment the other day when I noticed a strange moth.  Part of it was stuck to the window bur it's body was whole.  It struck me that it looked rather like a modern fighter plane.  What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!