Teaching the local Aerobics instructor how to do Nordic Walking!

Well, SInce I got Taobao ( the Chinese equivalent of Amazon) working, life has not wquite been the same.  I can now buy a few necessary and a few 'luxury' items.  By far the most interesting has been a set of Nordic walkng sticks.  Now as we al know, hardly anyone in Dorchester does Nordic walking.  In Jiangkou, no one does it....except me!  However, whilst no one lese does it, the park is full of weirdos doing allsorts of weird stuff.  each of them totally accepted by everyone else, even the ****** who started doing one arm pressups in teh middle of teh sequence dancing.  No one cares.  Care in the community in the park.  So one day I was out walking when I bumped into Wan Yi,  This
Wan Yi:

 

everyone seems to know him and he runs all sortsof exercise classes in Jiangku including and early morning class in the park.  To cut a long story short, he had a go of the stick.  In this case enthusiasm got the better of technique.  We parted.  I decided it would be fun to buy him a set of sticks as he had no idea how to use them and it would be another skill he could teach.  So I bought some sticks, however, I was not sure how I was going to present them to him!  Anyhow, the next time I was out Nordic walking, I saw him running his exercise class in the park.  We greeted and parted.  I went home and came back with the sticks.  It was just as his exercise class had finished and there were still a few people milling around.  I gave them to him and told him that if he had a few minutes, I could teach him how to use them.  Now the thing about Nordic walking is that it looks easy, it looks like you could just pick up a set of sticks and 'do it'.  I have to admit that while there is a certain skill involved, it is not too difficult to do, provided you have a little instruction.  Wan Yi was enthusiastic and instruction was difficult.  He tried and made a reasonable first attempt, but once he was off there was no teaching him!  He is a very powerful guy and technique will take a while to master!
A few other people showed some interest too, but again enthusiasm took over from technique!  Several otherattempts are listed below, the last attempt not being one of the best!  In her defence, she had only seen this once and the sticks were too long for her!  An yes the dog is hers, and yes it does have pink ears and pink tail.  Not uncommon here!


After all the excitement(?) of teaching Nordic walking, I took a quiet way back out of the park, only to be met by violin man and his 'ladies' doing their dance!  They had just finished 'round one as I arrived' and were playing with their 'pieces of material; round two followed.  The last video may take a while to load!
I was invited to a big musician and dancers day out at Fjingshan mountain, but was unable to go there because It was a workday.  Shame!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

The longest strangest day ever!

Two trips to the hospital