Sports Week Rehearsal and Corn Juice

Never knowing when you r holidays are or when I should and shouldn't be in school is much of a given now.  I know when I should be in school according to my timetable, but there are days off here and there that no one bothers to tell me about until it is there.  The last one I found out about only when the students started emptying the classrooms!  Sports Day/Week was much in that bracket.  I had spoken to our new boss Ray, a really nice guy, and he posted that we shouldn't be teaching on Friday afternoon.  My old boss, Jenny, now promoted, jumped in with both feet, told him he was wrong and set out all the rules of where we should be and what we should wear as she understood them.  Long story short, the weather had turned and the rehearsal due for the Friday was now due on Sunday at 2 p.m. 
So I turned up Sunday in the school yard.  People started to gather and so did the clouds.  Light drizzle.  Again long story short, we set of on a parade to the nearby stadium.  Three thousand students first, and then the teachers.  It took a while.  Our end of the procession was organised by, what I can only describe as an over enthusiastic man.  He was shouting ans pushing and making sure everyone was in step.  I just giggled to my self and sometimes out loud.  Other people giggled too, they thought he was a bit mad at times!  Everyone was fairly relaxed and laughing and joking for most of the way, even when we got into the stadium and he insisted that we all walk on the lines.  I waited til he had passed and put my arms out like a tightrope walker...it got a few laughs from teh people behind.  Even though I was with a group of maybe two hundred teachers, the children spotted m3 and waved and called my name!  It's a little embarrassing but I manage!  Eventually we all arrived at our proper places. and the teachers were dismissed.  I climbed up into the terraces and watched the show!  The whole three thousand were to do rhythmic gymnastics and then a local dance with sticks.  It was very impressive!



All three thousand lined up and ready at the sports stadium.

the stewards

some of the coloured-flag carriers

some more of the coloured-flag carriers

I stayed a while and took some photos, then went to wander around town.  I picked up a few parcels and then went to the supermarket.  As I was leaving I noticed it.  Corn Juice!  Now if there are two things that really don't go together in my mind, it is corn and juice.  I remember playing in corn fields as a child..They were dry and dusty places.  Juice is the opposite.  So I had to buy some and try.

























Well, it tastes of corn and it is wet.  The taste is a bit like Horlicks.  Not sure I'll be buying it again, especially because I had terrible diarrhea the next day, possibly not due to that, but the mental connection is there!  Also it wasn't particularly nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

The longest strangest day ever!

Two trips to the hospital