The start of serious singing

The lady in the park who had invited me to the  dinner with the literary elite of Jiangkou, is also a very good singer.  Yesterday she invited me to attend a singing group.  This is a serious singing group with an excellent 'conductor'.  It all takes place in the reception area of the stadium near my school.  I feel way out of my depth but everyone is so welcoming!  I try my best but can only hum and the words are Chinese.  Strangely the tune is familiar.  It is vaguely reminiscent of the old music-hall song 'After the show is over' so my humming has a sort of focus!  So far I have managed to go twice.  Last time the director of music and the conductor spoke to me.  We all sang a song each!  This is getting interesting.  The song is, I think, a song about China.  I took a video of the singing, but it is too large to include here.  Below are two links to two videos.  The videos are large and may take wuite a while to download.  They will both open in new windows which you may have to close to get back here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!