Magic in the Park

The night I was went to the park.  It is actually called a theme park but its more like a big open square.  The kids were curious about the foreigner.  The brave ones came over and attempted some English.  As I chatted with them, the shy ones became craver and a small crown gathered.  They started to call me 'teacher'!  Well there are no other foreigners in Jiankou!  I showed them some English money and they looked through the ''little plastic window' in the ten pound note!  I then did a few magic tricks with them and taught them how to do them.  We then played some games and I did some teaching.  It was fun! Some of the adults were quite curious about the foreigner too!

The kids in the park.  Second from left was at first apprehensive of me, but eventually was outplaying all the others!

The boy on the left and the girl on the right could speak really good English! #impressed

The woman second from left here is my 'singing friend'.  She and her husband often try to drag me to the park to sing!! Me, sing!.  The woman in the centre and the guy to her left, I had met before.  They remembered me!  They had given me a wreath headdress.  Excellent crowd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!