A bit of singing and some chicken feet

Today I woke up at 5.oo am.. not on purpose, but these things happen.  So I went to school to have breakfast.  Thin rice noodles, a sort of savoury bun and an egg! 5 yuan.  I then went to the office to eat.  I finished my breakfast and wandered around the school talking to kids as they dis their early morning reading.  Some were studying English, so I read the passages to them.  I suggested that they record what I said as it might help their pronunciation.  They leapt at the offer, but noted that my pronunciation was not like the American that they were used to.
I then went to the music room.  I had discovered this yesterday at the far end of the 'roof'.  I went inside and spoke to a couple of the girls.  They asked if I could play the piano, haha, I said no but played a bad version of chopsticks!  I asked if they could sing..silly question really:



I think you can see that the answer was "Yes!"
When the pupils had gone to class, I went to the supermarket to get rice, soya sauce and vinegar.  I used my Google translate to get the vinegar but found the rest myself.  Then I saw them.  Chicken feet.  In a packet along with other "delicacies".  Well I have seen them as street food, they were in last night's soup, and now they are in the supermarket.  It had to be done.  I bought them.  I just had to try them. I bought this packet because it had a chicken on it.  Some of the others had a cat on them.  Maybe animal food!


When I got home I thought I'd try them.  So I did, and I made a video of it:





Comments

  1. Finger Lickin' Good Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eerm you could say that, it was also 'face washing good' as I got chilli all over my face and that burned!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Front LIne Nursing - How the epidemic is perceived in China by nursing staff

School visits

Drips for trees, the 'live meat' market, sheep noodles, new heating friends, the roundabout that isn't and the Star Trek car.