Hand over fist

After the conversation with J, I started looking seriously for alternatives.  I booked an interview with a University up North at 8 am the following day.
Set the alarm for 6.30 and went to bed.
Next day I was woken by the alarm at 6.30am and saw that there had been a request for a cancellation sent at 3am.  I acknowledged the cancellation.  I then acknowledged several other offers.  One of the offers suddenly came back, so I got more details!  It was for a job in a public middle school in the Southwest of China.  A small 'village'.  The offer came from a very tenacious young woman who turned out to be a real Rottweiler!  Pay was low, but the profile of the job looked excellent.  Poor small city.  Just what I was looking for.  I did a bit of negotiation and Rottweiler offered me an opportunity for interview at eight.  I took the opportunity.
The interview was with Ja.  He turned out to be the 'director of foreign teachers' in that area.  Or something like that.  We had a long chat, and he introduced me to the area, sent me loads of photos of the other foreign teachers in the area, and confirmed the details of my he contract. It all seemed so transparent and simple compared to my other dealings. He then put me in touch with a Russian girl who had just started to work in the school.  I finished with him and then talked to the Russian girl A.  This sounded just a what I was looking for.  As if by magic, Rottweiler contacted me again. She presented me with the contract.  Amended as requested.  This seemed too good an opportunity to miss.  I accepted.  Trying to sign the contract and get the documents for the visa sent off was a bit if a palava, but it was done, now I was tired!  So off to work!

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!