Another day

Contacting my prospective employer is seeming a little problematic.  He has missed two contact times already.  I woke this morning and there was a message sent at my 00:45asking for a meeting at 08:30.  Fortunately I woke before that time.  I acknowledged the meeting and went and did some training.  Just as I was ending the training a message flashed up, someone was calling me, it was my prospective employer.  He cancelled the call and left a message.  I got back to him and told him Id be free in ten minutes.  We are now twenty-five minutes later and no sign of  my prospective employer, despite messaging him. I'm starting to wonder whether this is people in China in general or I am picking the wrong ones.  My mind drifts a bit and has me wondering whether unreliability etc. is the norm in China?  Then I wonder if I will even get my wages!  I was listening a friend yesterday who was telling me about life in Dubai.  All the workers that were 'imported' from Pakistan/India worked for six months, not paid and then flown home.  Hope China is not like that!  We shall see...possibly!

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!