The First Steps

How it all started.

Well it all started when I left teaching and started to work in a supermarket.  I got a little bored and decided to do something with my time. Wherever I had lived there had always been a Chinese 'chippy' , but very rarely had I met or even seen Chinese, and even when I saw them I noticed that they were always in big groups and always talking in Chinese.  "What if I started to learn Chinese?  So I did.  Ten minutes a day on an excellent app called 'Hello Chinese'.  Then I put my profile up on italki and from there made many friends all over China.  The idea was to speak Chinese and listen to English, but the plan did not work out like that!  I was fascinated with what I heard and have listened to many tales from china.  I needed to visit.  After many conversations with my family, I decided to enrol on a TEFL course, passed it and started to look for jobs.  The world was my lobster.

Comments

  1. I am grateful to reconnect Mike - I look forward to witnessing this new step in your ministry and work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

The longest strangest day ever!

Two trips to the hospital