Random: Doing your washing in the river, a crocodile in the supermarket and a Volkswagen Love Aid.

 Washing clothes in the river

This is a combination of a few things from a few days.  Jiangkou is a poor city and it was fairly isolated until the new motorway was built some years ago. It connects Jiangkou with Tongren. Tongren has access to the high speed train.  Apparently the reason the high speed train is in Tongren is because the surrounding area if so mountainous that it was impossible to build elsewhere.  In fact the main Tongren Station is Tongren south, which is situated a fair distance from the heart of Tongren for that reason!  Nevertheless, I am quite amazed at there even being a high speed train available in Tongren.  Kudos to the Chinese!
Anyhow, in amongst the poverty of Jiangkou you can see people washing their clothes in the river as they probably have for centuries.  However with the UNESCO world heritage site just up river, they will no doubt soon be stopped from doing so.  I think the river won't miss their detergents!





 A crocodile at the supermarket

I went to the new supermarket today to buy some fake Ferrero Rocher as a present for a few friends.  They look like Ferrero Rocher, they even sit on the shelf alongside them, but that is where the similarity ends.  I am not sure if they have been designed for the Chinese palet, but I am sure they are wouldn't make it onto the shelf at Poundland.  Maybe I should have tried them before I started to give them as presents!  Anyhow, I felt like eating some protein, so I went to the meat section.  Of course there are live fish in tanks, but I never expected to see a crocodile!  I am not sure whether it is an attraction or a sale item! And, like all the other fish, it is in a tank that is far to small or it. It has its jaws taped together, so it presents less of a danger to teh customers, but maybe it also prevents it from eating.....not that there was any food in its tank, apart form a few prawns!  Well I suppose it can't be allowed to eat the prawns can it!



Top view
Side view

Volkswagen Love Aid


Well technically this is just my warped mind.  I noticed it today whilst walking home, a Volkswagen Lavaid.  Just say the word and you'll know the reason for the title!  Made me grin. Okay, okay ... small things amuse small minds!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!