Yanxi - the most moving school visit yet. Part 2

Chinese children in this province always like to meet foreigners, because they don't often see them,and it is a privilege to shake hands with them and encourage them. But my little trip to Yanxi, held its own little surprise! It brings tears to my eyes when I think about it!  I mentioned in my last post that whilst the children were crowding around me that I saw one child who was holding a handful of leaves.  I mentioned that the leaves looked pretty.  It was a soft moment and a very special one too.
At the end of our visit, the children crowded around us, and I was handed a lot of sweets by many children, a rose and two little letters by two girls.  It was so busy, I couldn't remember who, but I put the little letters in my pocket in order to read the m when I got home.  I am so glad I left them until then.  When I got home, I unpacked and sorted things out.  I then got showered and changed, sat down on the sofa and took out the letters.
I'll call them the blue letter and the yellow letter, and of course the rose!
The rose, the blue letter ant the yellow letter.
The Yellow letter. I am told that the wording means we have faith (in you)
A letter of containing leaves, and origami bird, a blue tassel  and a most beautiful message.
The translation of the blue letter

 Just opening the letters brought tears to my eyes.  The writing was so neat that my phone could translate it.  The translation is not exact.  But I cant say much more.  I cried my eyes out... and as one of my friends remarked, " I know you cried Mike... I can see your tears on the letter.!"  They are not wrong.  I cried like a baby...and still do when I read this.  I don't really want to say anymore, but I mad a video for the school in which I showed my gifts and expressed my gratitude.  I am told it will be presented to the school tomorrow, and the little girl has been identified and will be praised.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!