Julie comes to visit

Well the other day I was checking my notifications and noticed that one of my WeChat friends, Julie, was asking to see if anyone was going to Guizhou, the province in which I live.  She often travels on business, but I asked her anyway.  She said she planned to come and see me here in Jiangkou!  Excellent.  She actually lives in Guangdong province, which whilst near in Chinese travel terms is many hours by fast train.  I first met her online a few years ago and we have shared a lot together, and I would consider that we were good friends.  Now if my kids are reading this, then yes, I used the word friend.  It is a kind of standing joke that dad does not have any friends. Well in China it appears I do.  Last night she contacted me and said that she would be visiting for a few days and arriving on Sunday Evening.  I'm quite excited actually.  The friends and friends of friends that I have met here have been wonderful, generous people, and I would expect Julie to be the same.  I think she is quite brave actually, because she is meeting a strange old guy she met on line in a town she does not know!
People seem more cautious, but also more trusting in China.  Strange combination!
This is Julie and her friend. Julie is on the left....and despite both looking somewhat like teenagers they are both grown women!  Anyway Julie is a lovely lady and we had a great time! she even brought me some presents!  Biscuits and a lucky stone!  Excellent!


the biscuits

Lucky stone and box-with-a-personal-touch.

My lucky stone!

After dinner, me and Julie at my friend's sisters friends hotel...I feel like a giant in this photo!

Julie(left) and Cathy one of our helpful Chinese English teachers
The girls.  Julie (left), Cathy and Anna.

...and Yes, I am still enjoying Jiangkou!


Comments

  1. Haha , I did have a great time in Guizhou , it was nice to meet you, my dear friend Mike :)! and I am impressed with lovely people there !Also the cool weather , haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Diary - Evolving page - Each consecutive day will be placed ABOVE the previous day's entry...but I might add to the bottom of each day's entry during the day!

Two trips to the hospital

The longest strangest day ever!